RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS -
My name is Ann Marie Baker and I am an associate with FundMyHome.org. My ID # is : 114545. In March of this year I signed up Mr. Collin Sweetland to the program as a Down Payment Assistance Recipient. His Customer ID # : 114926
His application was completed and he found a home here in Florida. Everything has been completed and was to close on August 22, 2020.
Before I had to call because client at one point was getting frustrated about the long waiting. I called numerous of time and left messages no one retuned my call until August 11th , Mrs. Munroe the lady that introduced me to the company three way me with the company to talk to Mr. Carlos. We didn’t get him at the time but Mr. Carlos called me and we spoke. I even asked him about my pay and he told me that since client signed contract a check will be mailed to me.
Today is September 9th , 2020 and still nothing. I probably am not clear about this but was told I don’t have to wait until closing to get paid. Please enlightened me about this if I am wrong..
I would greatly appreciate your help in this matter. I have a few more clients that I introduce to the program but is a little uneasy doing so because of my first experience. Thanks in advance for you help.
RESPONDING TO ANN-MARIE, WE AT FUNDMYHOME.ORG WANT EVERYONE FEEL ANYTHING EXCEPT UNEASY:
OUR GOAL IS GIVE OUR HOMEBUYERS A CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE THAT IS AS PLEASANT AS THE YEARS THEY WILL SPEND LIVING IN THEIR NEW HOMES.
- The transaction in question is clear to close.
- It took several weeks until the Sweetland's selected the home of their dreams.
- The transaction was originally scheduled to close on Aug 30, 2020.
- The Closing Date was extended.
- For personal reasons, the seller is away in Canada, the closing once again is postponed.
- Today at noon time, the office made me aware of Ann-Marie Baker's call and inquiry.
- I personally attempted to call Ann-Marie twice today from (617) 675-4444 with no answer.
- The reason for my call was to let her know that while the transaction hasn't closed yet, the transaction has reached the point of payroll and checks will be issued this coming Friday to 9 Associates involved in this transaction.
- The customer, Colin Sweetland is extremely happy and satisfied with the professional service and care that he has received from FundMyHome.org as well as he is static with the fact that he has a clear to close and is very grateful to be receiving Non-Repayable Down Payment Assistance from FundMyHome.org. All in all, things could not have gone better.
What is wonderful about this amazing situation is that the Sweetlands get the home of their dreams and receive Non-Repayable Down Payment Assistance from FundMyHome.org. It is also worthy to reiterate that there is no application or broker fee, there are no income limits associated with this program and our Down Payment Assistance is Non-Repayable.
Now 9 Associate Members get paid. It just doesn't get better than this. Or at least I don't know where it gets better than this.
FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES:
Due to licensing issues, now and in the future, our Lenders and Realtors only communicate with Homebuyers, therefore Associate Members must accept our rule which instructs our Lenders and Realtors to never reply to Associates' emails or never return Associates' phone calls.
It is also important to remember that due to licensing issues, the role of the Associate Member ends at the conclusion of the Customer Onboarding Call with the 501c3 counselors.
Nevertheless, the FundMyHome.org Associate Member Support Team is always happy to promptly and cordially respond to Associates' emails when they want to be updated on a particular file. (Support@FundMyHome.org)
So, at the end everyone wins. Our Homebuyers get what they want and need and our Associate Members get paid even before Realtors get paid. Go figure.
I hope this helps.
TO YOUR SUCCESS!!
Blog Source Reference: FundMyHome.org